Pest Control throughout the North East and Yorkshire
- Grey Squirrels
- Bed Bugs
- Carpet Beetles
- Bird Proofing
- Guano Cleaning
Our Pest Services:
- Qualified in Aluminum Phosphide gassing for moles, rabbits and rats
- Wasp nest removal, wasp removal & wasp control
- Ant removal & control
- Insects – fly extermination, carpet beetle control, cockroach control, moth infestations controlled
- Professional flea treatments & control
- Expert bed bug treatments & control
- Rodents, rats & mice removal & control
- Bird, pigeon & seagull proofing and control. including bird guano cleaning
- All other pests are treated, squirrels, moles, woodworm, rabbits, foxes & many more
We cover the North East of England and Yorkshire.
North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Riding of Yorkshire, Teesside, Durham, Tyne and Wear.
Yorks, Leeds, Northallerton, Middlesborough, Billingham, Boroughbridge, Darlington, Eaglescliffe, Eston, Garforth, Gateshead, Harrogate, Hartlepool, Ingleby Barwick, Knaresborough, Malton, Marske, Newton Aycliffe, Norton, Peterlee, Pickering, Redcar, Richmond, Ripon, Scarborough, Sedgefield, Selby, Skelton, Staithes, Stockton-on-Tees, Stokesley, Sunderland, Tadcaster, Thrisk, Wakefield, Washington, Wetherby, Whitby, Wynyard
Postcode Covered : YO, LS, HG, DL, TS, DH, SR, and NE
Our promise… 100% Guaranteed
- We always resolve your pest problem
- We always contact you within 24 hours to arrange a visit
- We are always punctual
- We are always discreet (Unmarked van available on request)
- We always leave your premises clean and tidy
And the quote is what you pay. There are no hidden fees.
As a member of the BCPA you can buy with confidence knowing our technicians are fully qualified, working safely, legally and effectively
Woodworm treatments company Middlesbrough
To keep your property free from the infestation of insects such as woodworm one need woodworm control service. We at The Pest Company, provide tailor-made woodworm control services dependent on your circumstances and budget, and this is why so many people refer to us as the leading woodworm treatments company Middlesbrough can offer.
From individual visits to long-term contracts, we are confident that we can provide you with a service at a highly competitive price, which is why so many people see us as the leading woodworm treatments company Middlesbrough has to offer.
Woodworm: woodworm are not actually worms at all; rather it is the generic name for the larva of certain species of beetles. These larvae are small, wriggly and white, similar to maggots but slightly bigger with a curved “C-shaped” body. However, it is very rare that you will ever see a woodworm larva, as they tend to stay burrowed in timber until they emerge as a fully grown beetle.
Types of woodworm in Middlesbrough:
Common furniture beetle (Anobium Punctatum): This is the most common of all insect that attack the seasoned timber that is woodworm treatment company Middlesbrough. Adult common furniture beetle can reach between 3mm to 5mm long timber. They can be found on and around damaged timber.
Deathwatch Beetle (Xestobium Rufobillosum): Deathwatch beetle can reach between 6mm and 9mm long timber. They can be found on or beneath the timber.
Wood Boring Weevil (Euophryum Confine): They live in softwood or hardwood in damp condition. Adult Wood Boring Weevil can reach between 3mm to 5mm long timber.
The various signs of infestation:
- Dampness – Woodworm need to get their water from the wood itself so if it is bone dry then it may be that the infestation will have now disappeared, whereas if it is damp at all then it is very probable that it is still an active infestation.
- Wood Boring Beetles – Something that not everyone knows is that “woodworm” is actually just the collective name for wood boring beetles while they are in their larval stage.
- Bore Dust – This is direct evidence of a current infestation. When the woodworm burrows through the wood it creates frass, little bits of dust from the wood. If you find little piles of it beneath the wood or around any holes in the wood then you can be sure that it is an active infestation.
Damage caused by Woodworm: Common Furniture Beetle, attacks softwood and the sapwood of European hardwoods. This is the most common woodworm species and is found throughout Middlesbrough and causes structural weakening of timbers and tunnelling along the grain of the wood can potentially cause extensive collapse. Powder post Beetle, causes damage to wide-pored hardwood with high starch content, such as ash, elm and oak. Older timbers don’t provide a suitable environment for this species. Tunnels along the grain and can cause severe damage, often infesting block or parquet flooring. The larvae tend to tunnel towards the centre of the timber, so that damage may be more extensive than is apparent from the exterior.
To contact, call us on 07375 554760 or email us on email@example.com.