Woodworm treatments company York
We the pest company ensure to clear the insects such as woodworm problem with a minimum of fuss and at a cost effective price that is woodworm treatments company York. We provide advice and help you about woodworm control related problems. Our company have a diverse range of clients who have showed their trust on us that is woodworm treatment company York. When we work for you, you can relax because you’re totally protected. Proper investigation reveals the actual source of woodworm problems and with some proofing that woodworm problem is often sorted out permanently. Everything our experienced and friendly operators do for you is insured and guaranteed that is woodworm treatments Company York.
What is woodworm?
Woodworm is the general name given to insects that attack timbers. There are a variety of different insects, each preferring a different type and condition of wood and each able to cause varying levels of damage. Woodworm usually enters your property by flying in, or from other timber that has already been infested. Once Woodworm has gained access it can cause structural damage and irreversible loss.
What cause woodworm?
Wood-boring beetles in homes and commercial properties are usually drawn to damp timber caused by leaks or high relative humidity caused by inadequate ventilation. The common furniture beetle can be found in soft and hardwoods, but in almost every instance the wood will be damp and unvarnished.
The phases of woodworm as they undergo their transformation into an adult:
- The adult beetle lays its eggs in crevices and open joints in wood
- Larval grub spends years chewing through the wood feeding on cellulose and leaving it structurally weakened in the process
- Larva forms pupation chamber near the surface where it will transform into a beetle
- The adult beetle bores out of wood, mates and finds a wooden surface to begin the process all over again.
Signs of woodworm infestation are:
- Tunnels – Where the larvae has munched through the timber
- Cracking timber – Damage caused by the tunneling
- Emerging beetles – In the summer beetles leave to mate
- Dead beetles – Adult beetles have short lives and will die near to where they emerged
Woodworm infestation in floorboards: It is difficult to identify the extent of the infestation given that woodworm larvae can live for up to six years tunneling through your floorboards and structural timber. If the infestation is serious then your floorboards could become structurally compromised and you will need to replace them that is woodworm treatment company York.
What our professional staffs do to get rid of Woodworm?
- Supply you with a competitive service so that you can get rid of woodworm from your home.
- Determine whether the infestation is still active or on.
- Identify what type of woodworm you have in your property.
- Work out on how the process needs to be treated.
Call us for the service today.
To contact, call us on 07375 554760 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.